Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Challenge of Dining with Small Children

If you live in the Boston area and have small children - and by this I mean children too young to reliably sit still and not throw food at each other and you - you may be experiencing the problem I have: finding good restaurants where both you and your children enjoy eating. I've found that many so-called children's restaurants (Friendly's, Chuck E. Cheese, etc.) have miserable food for both the kids and the adults, and most restaurants with food I like eating lack either good kid's menus, a comfortable, kid-friendly environment, or amenable service. Having found two good restaurants in the past week, I've decided to start up yet another blog so that I can share them with the local Boston community.

I will use the following rating system:
  • Smileys: These indicate how kid-friendly the restaurant is, including service and play space, if any.
  • Carrots: These indicate how healthy the kid's menu offerings are. Bonus points for local food.
  • Moos: Short for moolah, these indicate how expensive the food was.
In all cases, one = worst and five=best.

Now, on with the reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment